Founded in 1981, INGÉTEC is known for the quality of its services relating to the building envelope (technical surveys and visual inspections, thermography, solutions to air and water infiltration and mold problems, monitoring of work, expert witness or litigation support, technical consultation, etc.) for a broad range of clients throughout eastern Canada (industrial, commercial, public and parapublic sectors).
Employees of our firm are members of the following associations and organizations :
We have developed a strong expertise in building science, with thousands of surveys performed. Every year, and for over 300 clients (new and existing), INGÉTEC performs:
- Approximately 350 building envelope surveys for problems related to the degradation of components, water infiltration, presence of mold, etc.
- Inspection of safety standards for façades of buildings of 5 storeys and more and multi-level parkings, as required by the new Chapter VIII, Building, of the Régie du bâtiment du Québec (RBQ) Safety Code that came into effect on March 18, 2013.
- Approximately 50 thermographic surveys for problems related to water infiltrations in insulated flat roofs, air and water infiltration or poor energy performance of the building envelope
- Survey of over 3 500 000 sq.ft. of roofs
- Monitoring of work for over 150 projects related to the building envelope (roofs and walls)
- Technical assistance to other professionals such as architects and engineers or property managers
- Court attendance as expert witnesses in construction litigation or actions for hidden defects
Our mission is clear: work towards finding solutions to your problems. Your satisfaction is important to us. This is why our firm is committed to retaining qualified and professional personnel available to respond to our clients’ expectations.
Diligence – Professionalism – Integrity
We invite you to consult the partial list of our major clients
We are concerned with protecting the environment for future generations. We promote energy conservation, preservation of healthy materials and use of environmentally friendly materials for renovation work under our supervision. With infrared thermography, it is possible to detect air infiltrations, thermal bridges, lack of or humid insulation in walls and roofs. By minimizing heat losses or air infiltrations, energy consumption is reduced to a minimum.
Infrared thermography prior to re-roofing involves locating and replacing only humid components on the roof (insulation, support panels, etc.). In addition to substantial savings, preservation of healthy materials avoids overflowing landfill sites.