Our expertise enables us to precisely locate the source of any water infiltration through the building envelope.
Elimination of water infiltration at the source
When water infiltration occurs, the typical reaction is to renovate the building components through which water infiltrates (replacement of windows, roof, wall coverings, masonry repointing, etc.). However, such work generally will not eliminate the source of water infiltration and the client incurs substantial costs.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THERMOGRAPHY IS NOT EFFECTIVE, IF NOT USELESS, TO LOCATE WATER INFILTRATIONS. THERMOGRAPHY IS A COMPLEMENTARY TOOL AND DOES NOT PERMIT TO CLEARLY ESTABLISH THE CAUSE(S) OF WATER INFILTRATIONS. A COMPLETE SURVEY ON THE CAUSES OF WATER INFILTRATIONS MUST FIRST BE PERFORMED (WATER TESTS, EXPLORATORY CUTS, THOROUGH VISUAL INSPECTION OF PREMISES, ETC.)
IN ADDITION, WHEN YOU DISCOVER MOLD IN YOUR BUILDING, DO NOT UNDERTAKE REPAIR OR DECONTAMINATION WORK WITHOUT KNOWING THE EXACT CAUSE OF MOLD DEVELOPMENT. OTHERWISE, MOLD WILL REAPPEAR AND WORK WILL HAVE TO BE REDONE. A COMPLETE SURVEY ON THE CAUSES OF MOLD DEVELOPMENT MUST FIRST BE PERFORMED (WATER TESTS, EXPLORATORY CUTS, THOROUGH VISUAL INSPECTION OF PREMISES, ETC.)
Our experience and expertise in water infiltration detection enables us to delimit a specific repair zone that often does not require complete renovation of components, hence the importance of performing a survey prior to taking any action.
Data we collect during our survey is summarized in a detailed report and includes :
- Remaining useful life expectancy of components
- Extent of damages to exterior finishes (or interior as applicable)
- Causes related to deterioration of components
- Causes of water infiltration, mold or condensation
- Indication on a plan, with a clear legend, of pertinent deficiencies requiring attention
- Specific technical recommendations for repair or renovation work, according to established budgets or based on priorities
- Budgetary estimate of the work
- Issuance of a detailed report including photos, annotated plans with relevant remarks and sketches to facilitate comprehension and interpretation